As part of our Made En France team heads to Paris this week, those back in the Charleston office are beginning to feel the vacation blues. As I started to think back to my first trip to Paris last year I found myself missing the breathtaking architecture, the celebrated attitude of taking your time, and the adventures of finding quaint cafes to sit, eat, and people watch. In doing this I began to think about my current geographical location in Charleston and started to wonder, is not taking a vacation to Paris the vacation I was actually missing out on? My Parisian vacation is indeed right here in the Lowcountry. If like us, you wish you were strolling in the Marais but are instead strolling King Street, have no fear, the Made En France team has curated a French lifestyle guide for what to eat, shop, and do, in Charleston, South Carolina. So grab one of our beret’s and explore Charleston’s French culture!
Where to Eat:
- Café Framboise - 159 Market St, Charleston SC, (843)-414-7241
- Good For: Café Framboise is perfect for grabbing a quick, traditional Parisian breakfast and blending in as a local when enjoying your croissant and café on their quaint outdoor patio.
- Breizh Pan Crepes - 39 George St, Charleston SC, (843)-822-3313
- Good For: Breizh Pan Crepes is truly the best place in town to enjoy authentic french crepes. Located right on the College of Charleston campus, this family-owned cozy restaurant offers a large selection of delicious sweet & savory crêpes + omelets, as well as an authentic experience of Brittany!
- Gaulart & Maliclet “Fast and French” - 98 Broad St, Charleston SC, (843)-577-9797
- Good For: Fast and French makes you feel like you just traveled to a bustling bistro in Paris! Make conversations with other diners at the communal tables and either enjoy a classic French lunch special or check out their Fondue Chef’s Dinner with a group of friends on a Thursday night.
- Goulette Rotisserie & Grill - 210 Rutledge Ave, Charleston SC, (843)-805-6699
- Good For: Goulette is the place you need to satisfy your grill craving! As the name suggests, the Rotisserie Chicken is a knock out and often sells out, so head on over for a casual dinner and enjoy some pomme frites on the side.
- Purlieu - 237 Fishburne St, Charleston SC, (843)-300-2253
- Good For: The hidden gem restaurant in Charleston. Situated at a quiet corner, Purlieu offers a seasonal French dinner menu, wine pairings, and a feeling of European comfort in their cozy space.
- Chez Nous - 6 Payne Ct, Charleston SC, (843)-579-3060
- Good For: Feeling like the most Romantic significant other who discovered the chicest restaurant in Charleston. Chez Nous offers lunch and dinner by creating a different menu every day with 2 apps, 2 entrees, and 2 desserts. Check out their Instagram page before hand to see what they’ve whipped up for the night and treat your loved one to a French feel date night.
- NICO Oysters + Seafood - 201 Coleman Blvd, Mt. Pleasant, (843)-352-7969
- Good For: A place to stop and enjoy the sunset with oysters and champagne on Shem Creek. NICO is a french inspired seafood spot, that is the perfect place for a French inspired happy hour.
Where to Shop:
- Made En France @ The Vault on King - 284 King St, Charleston SC, @madeenfrance
- Good For: Purchasing a unique, sustainable outfit or new accessory all straight from France. Come visit us at the Vault and take in the beautiful artwork from our fellow creatives and buy something you would find at a local shop in Paris.
- Christophe Artisan Chocolatier - 90 Society St, Charleston SC, (843)-297-8674
- Good For: Bringing some French sweets back to your home after stopping by the Vault! Christophe offers beautiful chocolate goodies, macaroons and hot chocolate almost as good as Angelina’s in Paris!
Where to Relax:
- Guinot Carolinas - 1161 Oakland Market Rd Suite F, Mt. Pleasant, (843)-936-2099
- Good For: Treating yourself! Spend the day enjoying a world renowned facial or a relaxing massage treatment. Guinot specializes in using products from Paris helping you get that Parisian glow!
- Bistro A Vin - 40 Archdale St, Charleston SC, (843)-974-4441
- Good For: French wine enthusiasts! Bistro A Vin is the 2nd restaurant from our friends at Cafe Framboise and is the perfect little spot to grab a glass of wine and a cheese board and enjoy some life music.
- Felix Cocktails et Cuisine - 550 King St, Charleston SC, (843)-203-6297
- Good For: A Parisian inspired Happy Hour. With their inherently Parisian design, the bar at Felix is the best place to feel like you’re in a swanky cocktail bar in Paris. Choose one of the cocktail menus many French classic’s or opt for the “Dealers Choice” and let the bartender create you something special.